Children and Young People
METRO GAVS provides a wide range of assistance for organisations in Greenwich who work with and/or for children and young people. Support includes:
- One to one support for new and developing organisations – support can cover help with governance issues, development of polices, identifying and submitting funding proposals, Monitoring & Evaluation planning and exploring outcomes.
- Safeguarding – we provide one to one support directly to organisations as well as training and resources. Our Safeguarding work is linked in with local and national partners such as the Greenwich Safeguarding Children Board and The Safe Network/NSPCC.
- Networking Opportunities – we aim to support local collaboration, both between groups and with statutory partners. Targeted events take place on a regular basis as well as ongoing networking at local meetings such as the CYP forum.
- CYP Forum – held quarterly, this forum is an opportunity for local organisations to hear about local and national news, the work of other organisations and to discuss issues relevant to the CYP workforce.
- Monthly CYP Bulletin – Full of information, resources, policy updates, funding opportunities and other useful links.
- Representation – METRO GAVS supports representation across two local strategic bodies – the Children’s Trust and the Greenwich Safeguarding Children Board.
To discuss our work with Children’s and Young People’s organisations further, please contact Roy Gopaul on 020 8309 8231.