The GAVS website has been designed to be as accessible to as many people as possible.
- All text can be resized using the text resize feature within your web browser.
- All images have been given appropriate alternative text
- A navigation bar linking to the main sections of the site is provided at the top and bottom of each page
- The site has been tested to ensure that it is accessible in a wide range of browsers
- Cascading Style Sheets have been used throughout the site to control presentation of all content
- Standards compliant, structured markup has been used for content.
- All information on the site can still be accessed and read if your web browsing device does not support style sheets.
There are different levels of text size available for you to change the standard text size on the website. By using the following key combinations along with either the ‘,’ , or the ‘.’ key you can decrease/increase the size of the font. Any change you make is valid for the life time of your visit to this website.
PC: hold down Alt and ‘.’ to increase the text size, conversely hold down Alt and ‘,’ to decrease.
Mac: hold down Ctrl and ‘.’ to increase the text size, conversely hold down Ctrl and ‘,’ to decrease.
Firefox 2: hold down Alt and Shift and ‘.’ to increase the text size, conversely hold down Alt and Shift and ‘,’ to decrease.
In any case where our text resizing feature does not work, most modern browsers have the capability to artificially increase the size of the font used. To take advantage of this feature please read and follow the appropriate instructions for you platform.
- Apple Mac / OSX: Hold down the Command key and press + or –
- Internet Explorer 6: On the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- Internet Explorer 7 & 8: On the top menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- All other browsers try Ctrl and +, or Ctrl and –
Browser Access keys
Access to primary sections on this website, and subsequent sections can be accessed in the following way:
- Microsoft Windows PC: hold down Alt
- Apple Mac: hold down Ctrl
- Firefox 2 Only: hold down Alt and Shift
Then press one of the keys listed below: