Date(s) - 18/07/2012
10:00 - 12:30
Clockhouse Community Centre
Categories No Categories
The Employment Forum is for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and public and private providers that support people in Greenwich to access employment, skills training or volunteering opportunities in the borough to meet, identify areas for collaboration and hear the latest on employment initiatives and funding.
On Wed 18th July, we are pleased to…
- Welcome Steve Kerr, LVSC’s Policy Officer for Employment and Skills and co-ordinator of the London Employment and Skills Policy Network (LESPN) to speak about the added value of CSOs’ employment projects, the role that CSOs can play in influencing employment policy, the challenges of CSO partnerships with other providers, and sharing wider London experiences.
- Hear from the London Apprenticeship Company and De Vere Academies on their apprenticeship and training schemes for those in Greenwich.
- Learn about some of Greenwich CSOs’ projects that support local and disadvantaged people to get back into work and volunteering.
- Hear from Greenwich NHS about their employment initiatives related to health and well-being and the role of CSOs’ work in this.
- Get updates from Job Centre Plus and Royal Borough of Greenwich on their latest employment initiatives.
To confirm attendance, please contact Jo at GAVS, tel 020 8858 1363.
If you would like to receive our Employment e-Bulletin (6 x per year), please contact GAVS.