GAVS Training: Health & Safety Awareness
Date(s) - 10/09/2015
09:45 - 13:00
Categories No Categories
Do you want to know your rights when it comes to health & safety? Do you know who is responsible for enforcing health & safety? Too many people are working in dangerous and unhealthy conditions – often working long hours for low pay.
Job insecurity pushes people to keep their heads down and just get on with the job, even if it’s risking their health. Lots of people may not have the help and support of a trade union. Does this sound like you?
Come along to the Health & Safety Awareness training on Thursday 10 September and have some fun learning about your rights and how to enforce them.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand their main Health & safety legislation – learners will be able to identify the main H&S laws
- Who is responsible for Health and safety – learners will have knowledge of employer and employee responsibilities
- Enforcing health & safety – learners will be able to identify the principle organisations that enforce H&S
- Basic risk assessment – learners will be able to recognise risks/learners will be able to carry out a risk assessment
- Sources of advice, information & support – learners will know where to get advice/learners will know the organisations that can offer support
Please note this course is free for members. You will need to complete the online booking process below and this will be treated as your deposit, which will be refunded upon attendance. Your deposit will not be refunded if you fail to attend.
- To book using the members rate, you will need to log in to your account. Please call GAVS on 020 8309 8231 or email email@example.com if you have trouble logging in
- If you are booking more than one space, please enter the attendee name/s in the comment box.
- Enter code: online1 – to claim your 10% discount for booking online
- Booking is essential, you will not be admitted if you have not booked.
- Refreshments will be available but please note lunch is not provided
Bookings are closed for this event.