GAVS Training: Safeguarding Adults at Risk
Date(s) - 10/11/2016
09:45 - 16:00
Categories No Categories
Adult safeguarding is the process of protecting adults with care and support needs from abuse or neglect. The New Care Act 2014 puts adult safeguarding on a legal footing and updates the scope of adult safeguarding. This course focuses on safeguarding adults duties in the context of this important piece of legislation and looks at what it means for those in receipt of care/support, for organisations and for their staff.
This one day course affords the opportunity for exploration of practice and organisational implications. The course supports the Social Care Commitment and will help organisations meet the CQC Fundamental Standards.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Define what is adult safeguarding and why it matters
- Explain what is meant by making safeguarding personal
- Explain their responsibilities in relation to reporting and responding to abuse and neglect
- Explain how to respond appropriately to a direct disclosure
- List the main systems contributing to the prevention of abuse and neglect
- Understand what constitutes an enquiry and when an enquiry might be required
- Explain the main functions of a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB)
- Know how to raise an alert and make a referral.
- To book using the members rate, you will need to log in to your account. Please call GAVS on 020 8309 8231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble logging in.
- If you are booking more than one space, please enter the attendee name/s in the comment box.
- Enter code: online1 – to claim your 10% discount for booking online
- Booking is essential, you will not be admitted if you have not booked.
- Any attendees arriving later than 30 minutes of start time will not be admitted.
- Bookings will be closed 1 day before the event, please contact GAVS to be included on the reserve list.
- Refreshments will be available but please note lunch is not provided.
- Read the full GAVS Training Terms & Conditions.
For further information or booking issues, please call GAVS on 020 8309 8231 or email email@example.com
Bookings are closed for this event.