Managing your Management Committee
Date(s) - 20/11/2018
09:45 - 16:00
METRO GAVS Via Zoom
Categories No Categories
This course is for CEOs in the voluntary sector who want to look at their relationship with their management committee, including the chair. We will discuss building relationships, clarity about roles and encouraging established committee members to update their knowledge of policies and financial requirements in the face of a changing environment. There will be space to talk about good practice and obstacles faced by others in the same position.
• Establishing good relationships with chair and members – being open and honest about challenges.
• Importance of inductions and being clear about roles
• Ensuring members know what the charity can and can’t do in line with the organisation’s purpose.
• Encouraging members to keep their knowledge of their legal responsibilities up-to-date e.g. finance
• Challenging established culture of committee to in order to allow the organisation to move forward
• The importance of understanding safeguarding
• How to support your committee’s need to understand while allowing staff to carry out their roles
- To book using the members rate, you will need to log in to your account. Please call METRO GAVS on 020 8305 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble resetting your password.
- If you are booking more than one space (max 2 spaces per organisation), please enter the attendee name/s in the comment box. If you would like more than 2 people to attend please contact METRO GAVS office for additional participants to be added to a reserve list.
- Enter code: online1 – to claim your 10% discount for booking online. (A green tick will appear to show that the discount has been awarded).
- Booking is essential, you will not be admitted if you have not booked.
- Any attendees arriving later than 30 minutes of start time will not be admitted.
- Bookings will be closed 1 day before the event, please contact METRO GAVS to be included on the reserve list.
- Refreshments will be available but lunch is not provided.
- Read the full METRO GAVS Training Booking and Terms
- If you are unable to book online please fill in the Booking Form and return with management authorisation to email@example.com. Please note there is NO discount offered for this form of booking.
For further information or booking issues, please call METRO GAVS on 020 8305 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are closed for this event.