We are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. This policy sets out how we will treat any personal data that you provide to us.
(1) Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered as a member;
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
(2) Using your personal data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications and information which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our info update, newsletter and other marketing communications relating to GAVS or organisations of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; o notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(4) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
(7) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(8) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.